Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Lincoln Marathon


As a member of the National Guard, I am eligible to represent my state in the National Guard (Army and Air) Championships in Lincoln Nebraska on Bloomsday. It seems a bit ironic to refer to the first Sunday of May by the name of a road race, but Bloomsday is that big. It's also ironic that I travel somewhere else for a race on the same day as one of the biggest races in the world held where I live. As long as all goes as planned, then I'll be finishing up the Lincoln Marathon about an hour before the start of Bloomsday. On paper, I can run this in under 2:37:00, but they tell me I need to run it on the road. My goal is to go sub 2:40:00. I had to put that down to prevent me from making excuses during the race and putting a different spin on it. One of my AF Triathlon team mates, Chris Larson (Hawaii), won't be racing this year. It absolutely blows my mind that he can run a marathon so fast. He's about 6'4" and is built more like a professional wrestler. He's a 2:30:00 guy!

5 comments:

Steve said...

Good Luck and thanks for representin'..:)

LORIE said...

Cool Michael! Be sure to post the race! I love your race reports! Too bad you're missin Bloomsday. Want to hear a secret. . . .I have never done Bloomsday! SHHHHH. . . .just between you and me.

jessithompson said...

Go Michael!

maverickgirl73 said...

Ah, what a nice pic. Have any more? JK-too bad our big friend is skipping out on us this year. Gonna give him a hrad time and won't let him live it up.

M-Dot said...

Have a great Race Jay and I will be bloomn for ya'

Michelle and Jay